Monday, June 2, 2014

Things I Am Tired of Hearing

Directed at no one or any conversation in particular.

"There were mistakes on both sides." Irrelevant.

"Just ignore him." I'm trying. When you figure out how to make my brain shut up, please let me know.

"Leave it all alone and focus on you." I'm doing that already, or coping with things in whatever way I need to.

"I wouldn't have handled it that way." Easier said than done if you haven't been the victim of abuse.

*silence* There's a lot in what people DON'T say, as well.

Yes, I'm lacking in sleep and having a grumpy day, and I know it's hard to know what TO say, and everyone is really sick of the drama (me too!). I'm not angry when people are only trying to help, but I can't help that certain things annoy me. And still a strong sense of people not taking things as seriously as I'd probably prefer, or believing I'm not lying, but that I'm still overreacting in many ways.

I'm not sorry, and no, you can't understand it really from the outside. I don't expect anyone to, either. I'm just tired of it all, and it can't and won't go away for me. Partially because he doesn't want it to and partially because it's been pretty traumatic. It just is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment